%-) My son is 13 years old and, for the past three days he has been experiencing some very strange symptoms making him feel very ill. It started in school about 9:30 am. He felt like his heart was pounding very hard. He was very hot and flush with an extremely red neck, face, ears, hands and arms. He began to feel nausiated and dizzy, as well, and went to see the school nurse. She checked his heart rate, which was a little over 100. She said that was normal. She thought maybe it was blood sugar and took him to the cafeteria for food, but that didnt help. So, she called me. I took him to the doctor. His blood pressure was fine and his heart rate was 89. They ran several blood test including thyroid, but they all were okay. During the night he was awakened at 4 a.m. the next morning feeling very hot, although he was only wearing a pair of shorts, was not under any covers, had the ceiling fan on and the air conditioner was running. He also had the pounding heart and said it actually hurt. During that day, he had several more "attacks/episodes" all with the same symptoms, all seeming to get worse. The doctor ordered an ekg and chest xrays. The xrays showed nothing. The ekg was sent off to children's hospital and I was told they would not know the results for 2-5 days!!!!! Today the episodes continue and this evening he said it literally felt like a stabbing pain at the bottom of his heart. This is the area that he said feels like it is pounding really hard the whole time. Sometimes you can see it pounding through his shirt. The episodes last 2-3 minutes on occasion to 10-30 minutes on average. He has had about 15 today. They seem to be getting more frequent and worse with each one.
He was seriously injured playing football in May, all on his right side. I am wondering if something could have happened to his adrenal gland and now there is scar tissue or something there that is beginning to give him problems or cause hormone irregularity or something that could be causing these episodes. I checked his blood pressure and heart rate this evening while he wasn't feeling well. HR was 87. BP was 133/69.
I am at a total loss. The doctor just says we'll try more tests... If he gets worse take him to the E.R.... I'll be out of town the rest of the week. And, during the meantime, my son is missing school, feeling terrible and can't be left alone incase something DOES happen.
We have considered anxiety attacks but don't believe that is the case. Any suggestions?
Thanks

It's possible he might have anxiety/panic attacks with an addition of hear palpitations.

I've been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder and I have a mild heart palpitation. Sometimes it feels like my heart is skipping beats frequently and sometimes it hurts quite a bit. It might not be the case, but its possible.

Sorry if I'm wrong though.

I do not know where live, but I would get your son to a good Pediatric Cardiologist ASAP.
General MD's are just that. They are not qualified to treat and/or diagnose complicated and dynamic specialty problems. I have Cardiac problems and nearly died as a result of inadequate advice and assumptive diagnostic procedures due to my relatively young age.
A good pediatric internist may be another good option for you, but be sure to see a pediatric specialist.
Aside from that, be persistent and demand referrals. In my own case, the practise of ruling things out, which of course is not a dignosis, nearly cost me my life and my son a father.

About 8 days ago i was snapped awake at 2:00 in the morning and was in a state much like shock. My heart was beating to the point i could hear it and it was irregular (skipping a couple beats every now and then) and i had exeptional trouble breathing. My mind went blank and all attempts to calm down were futile. this "panic attack" as i was told lasted much longer than they normally do...2 hours. What i found odd was for the next 8 days these panic attacks occured between 1:30 and 2:30 and lasted for hours. Just recently i had a terrible panic attack where i was forced to go to the ER. the night before i had a panic attack that lasted from around 2:00 to 8:00. i'm only 14 and am very freaked out. the doctors said it was only GAD but it feels like something more serious.

same thing happen to my chest

My 14 year old son is experiencing nearly the same symptoms (racing heartbeat, headache and nausea to accompany it).  Did you ever find out what it was?  We have taken him to a GP once already, but we are going again this week and hope to get a referral to a cardiologist if they don't have a clue.