Hello, folks. I have felt some strange sensations with my heart. It seemed like it worked irregularly. I went to a doctor and he ordered an EKG. After this, I was found a right bundle branch block. I would like to know something more about this. Thanks in advance, folks. Bye!

Hi, there. The bundle brunch is an important part of electrical system of the heart. There are left and right bundle brunch. Both of them lead electrical impulses from proper atria to the ventricles. The impulses go simultaneously to both ventricles and in this way they contract at the same time. If there is a right bundle brunch block (RBBB), this isn’t the case. The contraction of the right ventricle is late comparing to the contraction of the left ventricle. RBBB can occur with healthy individuals. In that way it has no medical significance. However, they can have underlying heart diseases. Such conditions are: cardiomyopathy, septal defects, lung diseases, etc. You should be run further tests to see if there is some disease associated.

A 35 year old airline pilot, recently promoted to captain of a Boeing, is discovered to have right bundle branch block. Every previous ECG has been normal .

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***