Hi guys. I am not so sure what is going on lately but it seems to me that a lot of people around me have problem with heart and heart attacks.

My neighbor Lana had heart attack three days ago. Now she is fine. At least I hope that she is fine.

I went to see her today and she looks OK. She is a little bit tired and she needs to rest a lot, but that is normal after this condition.

She told me that she has very “uncomfortable vein in arm” after heart attack.

I was wondering what this means? Is this normal or not?

So what did they do to her?

They took an artery out of my arm for the bypass surgery but that was obvious to look at because of the 26 staples in a row down my arm where they cut it out. Of course it was uncomfortable, it was a cut about nine inches long. But the other one down the center of my chest was more uncomfortable.

Good day there.
I don’t know what to tell you since my best friend’s husband is having problem with same issue. Well Jack had three heart attacks and after this happens they told him that his vein in arm is blocked and that is the reason why he has uncomfortable vein in the arm.
He is in the hospital because they told him that they can’t let him go home because of this. His had doesn’t look raised. It looks the same like other “normal hand”.
So I am really interested in this topic as well so please let us know what do you know.
PLEASE!

Hello guys. I went to visit her today. Now she is feeling a little bit better but she told me that she still has that uncomfortable pain in her vein in arm and that she can’t describe that feeling. She told me that this pain get worse when the night comes. We asked her doctors what this could be and they told us that this is normal procedure. Well, I am not so sure about it. Maybe I am not an expert but I believe that those things should not happen. Noynlife, is this really the reason? She couldn't tell me more, maybe she is still in a shock :/

Hey everyone. I totally agree with noynlife. I believe that this is normal and that there is a good reason why this happens. Uncomfortable vein is normal thing in arm after a heart attack. My friend also had this cut and doctors explained him that there is no reason for him to be worried because this is normal thing. I believe that doctors didn’t told your friend what is the cause of it. So, don’t worry that much. I am sure that your friend is going to be just fine and that this uncomfortable feeling is going to go away very soon. Good luck.

Have we established that she had something cut out of her arm and that's what hurts? If they did nothing to her arm then I guess you have to take the doctors word for the pain being normal but I would think they would at least tell her why. Mine hurt because it was cut but there is no sense discussing that if hers wasn't.

They did mine 20 years ago next month and I guess using an artery from the arm was quite new at that time. They prefer arteries because they are designed to hold pressure and veins are not. They use it for tubing to form the bypass around the blockage in the arteries near the heart. As a practical thing for the patient, when they strip that vein out of the leg and go from the groin to the ankle it causes a lot of discomfort and healing is troublesome around the knee.

What I found strange was the pain at my wrist a few inches beyond the end of the cut. It felt like they pulled it out like rubber band to cut it and let the end snap back inside. That area of my wrist was numb for quite a while and did not like being touched as the feeling slowly began coming back.

Hey noynlife.
She told me that she doesn’t have any kind of cut on her hand. I didn’t see it because I was talking with her on the phone.
She was complaining to the doctors about the pain and they told her that this is normal, they gave her medications and she was feeling better after this.
I was thinking that this is over now but when I spoke with her today and she told me that she has a weird feeling in her hand now that she can’t explain well, but she feels like someone is cutting her arm constantly.
Is it possible that this is just a myth, that she just thinks that she has this discomfort?
I am really confused to be honest…