Hi, guys. My grandmother was administrated to the hospital two days ago. She had a heart attack. She began recovering. It occurred to me that all that care in hospitals cost. I wonder what the average hospital cost is for treating a heart attack. I would appreciate if anyone could answer. Thanks.

Hi, there. I must admit that these data are not easy to find on the internet. And your cost depends on which insurance you possess. If you have commercial insurance, it can get you some discounts in the hospital. Medicare will pay for many of your bills and services, but not for all of them. Medicaid pays to hospitals counts per diem. Uninsured people can apply for financial assistance programs. This is valid if they are qualified by hospital’s rules. You should talk to the hospital staff about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!