It's so strange how it seems to happen out of no where!  I've NEVER had an ear infection as of age 28. Never had water stay in my ears for longer than a few hours anyway.  And then about a month ago,  all the sudden BOOM!  Heartbeat-pulse-whoosing sound,  however you describe it,  because it's hard to!  At first trying to figure it out, I came across possible hearing loss!!  Which,  scared me.  But. After reading all these comments I sigh at a little relief.  Although,  it kinda sucks there's nothing we can do!!  

Tinnitus is one of the most elusive conditions that health care professionals face. It is an auditory perception not directly produced externally. It is commonly described as a hissing, roaring, ringing or whooshing sound in one or both ears, called tinnitus aurium, or in the head, called tinnitus cranii