I came down with strep throat 2 years ago this fall and after I recovered from it I started hearing this whoosh whoosh sound in my right ear. At first it was soft but would get louder with physical exhertion. Now, 2 years and many anti-biotics later, I still hear the sound. Except today I hear my heartbeat loud and clear in my right ear. Not just when I physically exhert myself either, I hear it ALL the time. I have asked my Dr. but of course he said ear infection and gave me anti-biotics. Well those of us who have this problem know that pills dont seem to help.

I haven't went to a ENT because I feel like they wont be able to find anything either. I was just wondering if those of you who also hear your pulse in your ears have high blood pressure??? We need to find some commonalities in order to determine a course of treatment that might actually be useful. No one seems to understand how annoying it is to hear your heartbeat all the time.

I have the same problem. However, once I started exercising and lost 30 pounds, it went away. Could it be that losing the weight lowered my blood pressure just enough to cause it to stop? Maybe. I do know when I put most of the weight back on, the pulsing came back. So, it's back to the gym for me.

i started having the same thing 3 days ago .Only in the morning when i got out of bed on the first day .Second day in the   morning again when i got out of bed. then later that night while just sitting.. 3 rd.day today it started again  not in morning but tonight just sitting at the computer. .With   no  physical exhertion. i hope it goes away. i am not over weight and my blood pressure is fine.

For about three weeks I used to hear my heartbeat in my right ear. This mostly happened when I was relaxing before going to sleep and only in my right ear. From one day to the other it stopped and I don't know how. I hav normal weigth and really low blood pressure.

I have the same thing, happened right after I had an iron infusion for anemia and low Ferritin level.....I can stand it during the day, but it keeps me up all night.

what did you learn? last night I joined you: loud pulse in right ears, have very low blood pressure. . .

went to doctor who seems baffled..gave me a nasal spray to see if it would help reduce any fluid I might have behind drum.  It may have diminished slightly, but not much.  She said there was no sign of infection.....so I'm in the boat of "having to live with it"

I am also experiencing the same symptoms but not as prevalent...My case is the left ear...I did see how you were asking for similar commonalities...I am on High BP pills and have been able to maintain a 120/80 pressure for quite some time...I do have a stroke in past but have no lingering effects from it...Someone mentioned CO poisoning...We use propane driven forklifts at work (indoors)...and a fellow worker has complained about headaches associated with the work place also...Will keep you updated...Hope this helps.

I have been free of this condition since quite possibly one week after posting this...It has not returned and have no recurring bouts or residual effects. Thanks for the e-mail...almost forgot it it's been so long ago.

I have high blood pressure and take blood pressure pills.

I have the constant heartbeat sound in my right ear all the time, not just on activity. I went to an ENT Dr and he said my ears were clear and I would just have to learn to live with it. I do have allergies. I also had my hearing checked by an audiologist and he said my hearing was not compromised to the point that I needed hearing aids. I am 78 years old and this has been going on for about 9 months now. Of course I worry but no one else seems concerned.

Going through that as I speak. Both my ears hurt but hear my heart beating in my right ear. I do have high blood pressure but it has been normal lately