I have had the heartbeat in my ear off and on for about 5 years now. Always reading posts, scaring myself about possible problems.

The other day I used a Neti pot for the first time. The next day I noticed a 50% reduction in the sound. I kept using the neti pot and each day I have noticed a huge daily reduction until today where it's at about 96% gone. I am almost ready to jump for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hearing that sound is so worrisome and depressing. I can't wait till it's all the way gone!

If you are reading this maybe a neti pot would work for you?

Thank you for sharing your wonderful home remedy with us.

I had palsatile tinnitus in my right ear for 3 years. This was about 12 years ago. And then, as if by magic, it disappeared. I've taken a lot of different meds for migraine, so was thinking one of them may have caused it, specifically amitriptyline, which I took for 5 years. I also took Accutane for 5 months and wondered if that may have been it. It makes me nervous, because I'm going to start Accutane, again. Anyone find out what caused their pulse-like tinnitus? It was enough to drive me crazy, especially at night.