I would like to ask you a question and would like to know if you have any information as i couldn't find much about my whooshing condition. I was 85 kilos, 171 cm tall and little higher cholesterol. I decided to start with sport. I lost 10 kg in a year and completely changed my life style and diet the last 2 years. I am sporting about 4 to 5 times a week. running, cycling and gym fitness (weights and exercises). I didn't find any of my symptoms with someone. It started when a day it was quite and I heard a whooshing echo sound in my left ear and it went a way when I just repositioned my head. It happened several times when I was tired and I thought it might be blood pressure. After some months a day I went out and turned back and slept at a friends house, i woke up and could hear my whooshing every time I turned my head to right. After rest and a massage it became remarkable less. Then I tried to know when I can hear my whooshing sound and here is the story. It happens when I turn my head to the right while I bend over (and i get it in left ear). It's worse in the morning and gets better during the day. I sometimes feel some tension inside my ear in the morning which gets better later. If I trigger it (by bending over and turn my head to the right (to the max) and I feel my scm is in spasm, I can stop it if I squeeze scm muscle or press on it. It doesn't stop when I press on artery where I can feel it pulsating. And also I can stop it if I press just under my ear where the tmj is. I also get it when I look up ( also to the maximum) and stops if I do the squeezing or push under ear. It also stops if I stop breathing and tension my neck muscle (when I blow). If I sleep on my stomach with my head free (head is then outside bed) so my head goes down, then i dont hear it at all even if turn to the right. I went to the gp who tried some spray and didnt work. went to ENT and he provided hearing test and told me that I lost high frequency hearing on both ears and this is because I worked as a DJ in the past. So this is the reason of my tinnitus. I didn't believe that. Went to TMJ specialist who made x rays and didnt find any abnormality in my tmj. I went to physiotherapy and Chiropractor and they told me that my left side had more tension than right side. (so the side of the tinnitus). Then decided to go to the neurologist who listened to me and made some tests which all were normal, and decided to order me an MRI. I had an MRI for head and MRA for neck arteries. All came normal. 100% normal. Now she is sending me to an MRA to rule out Fistula's. she says that this might be caused by a fistula and as it is a pulsatile tinnitus she has to do that.. Even she not very sure she will find something. My cousin is a very clever ETN specialist and he says this is looks like a muscle spasm which is effecting the middle ear and there are many middle ear dysfunctions are causing pulsatile tinnitus. Also My neurologist said it could be muscle issues which are pressing on the Artery when doing the moves described. my vision is great. no vomiting.. I feel in top condition. Any one any help?

Pulxsatile tinnitis, to brain cancer? I'm 75 years old and I have had that that rushing and pulsing sound in my ears for 50 years. Sometimes I hardly hear it and sometimes it's noisy, like in the mornings. I have never had any pain, so I can't address that issue, but the heart beat-rushing sound is pretty normal. Don't worry about it. If you tell a doctor you have a problem, you are definitely going to have a problem. Live with it, you will get used to it and it doesn't get worse. also, the 'pulsatile tinnitis' makes the most sense if you need an explanation.

Did you ever figure out what was the cause of the noise? I have the same exact thing. Ive had a negative brain mri, mra and mrv. Would love to hear how you're doing