A blocked artery in my left ear is causing me a lot of dizziness. I lose my balance & I'm normally very steady on my feet. I've had it for 13 months & after an MRI. I was told by the specialist it will go by itself. I cannot drive now as I go dizzy watching the traffic. It causes severe pressure on the top of my head. It sounds like I'm standing right next to NIAGARA FALLS the noise in the ear is so loud. I got it after driving down a mountain range with about 600 turns & bends. I've never suffered from vertigo in my life. It's stopping me from doing the things I normally do. Can you help please?

Hallo,

You have to understand that there are several things that could cause this and I am not sure why didn’t doctor told you why is your artery enlarged.  Have you had any problems with blood pressure before? Have you had any trauma to your ear? In my opinion you can’t use any medication for this condition, you may just try to apply warm pressure to your ear in hope that the artery will get back to normal and you won’t have your dizziness problem anymore. Do you have any problems with hearing? I know that sometimes this can cause problems with hearing as well. I hope this helped you in any way. Good luck.

Regards,

Karen

you need niacin

Hi! I have been looking for someone with the same problem I have and this is exactly what is going on with me. I have a whoosing running water type noise in my left ear and it has a pulse the same as my heart beat. I get insanely dizzy and get very carsick as well as even if I go on an elevator when I get off I lose my balance. When I stand up to fast I get dizzy and the noise gets louder and it creates a pressure in my forehead. It's kind of scary. I'm not sure what it is I got a ct scan and I am getting referred to get an MRI. I can't do alot of things because I am dizzy all the time. The noise itself is very frustrating cause it is effecting my hearing as well as it is so loud especially at night time. I can make the noise stop briefly if I push on the side of my neck that the whoosing is happening. This started happening about 5 months ago and it's driving me crazy. Was wondering if you still have it or if it has gone away for you?! I really want to figure out how to cure this.

Hi, my mother (76 years old) has been suffering from the above symptoms for over a year now. The poor lady has been for every single test under the sky as we have private medical cover but no one but a single doctor in Saudi Arabia was able to give us some feedback. My Mum normally lives in Manchester, UK and our local doctors have never helped. My mother starts crying like a child when she has these dizzy spells and also suffers from severe headache as well as loud noise in the ears. Since these issues started she has lost hearing also.
Last week she was visiting Saudi Arabia and had a severe spell of headache & dizziness. We took her to a local GP who after using a stethoscope and examining the side of her neck, told us that an artery was blocked. This artery he said, was blocked and this is what was causing her the headache. He simply listened to the noise of through the stethoscope and gave his verdict. We are now waiting to see an ENT specialist and have a detailed scan to get to the bottom of this issue.
Concerns, are that she suffers so much and the doctors are not able to do any thing. We as humans have been able to design satelites and rockets that can detect and kill people from thousands of miles away but we have no cure for blocked or swollen arteries that makes peoples lives hell.
If anyone can help, please reply.
Many thanks

Hey There,
About 7years ago all of a sudden I started hearing my pulse in my ear, which sounded like this whooshing sound. At first I thought was the heck is that noise and then I started stretching my neck and found that if I pushed down on my neck underneath the ear that was whooshing it would stop it and then when I lifted my hand off it became louder and faster, sounding like by me pushing down on my neck I was stopping the blood flow and then when I let go it started racing through again and I could hear it. It was always louder at night time when id go to bed so I started sleeping on that side because it was so loud. It got so loud sometimes that I couldn't hear the TV properly. Id have to turn my head so the good ear was facing the TV. Some time went past and it just kept getting louder and more often. I went to the doctors and had a scan on my head referred from an ENT specialist, he also did a hearing test and found that the ear whooshing was less hearing then the other. The Scan showed that one of my arteries behind my ear was thinner than usual, which the specialist said I would have been born with. My response straight away was if I was born with it why has it all of a sudden started out of no where? I wasn't really happy with his answers. He pretty much said there's nothing you can do. He did say that I could go and see a Professor in ENT. That was a few years back. I still have it now. Got really dizzy last week thought I was going to pass out while I was driving and then got some ear drops because my ears felt blocked and something isn't feeling quite right with that same ear again. Going to go back to the doctors and re check it all out I think. Hope someone finds some good news soon. Xxx

Hello, your story I can relate to. I started having the same symptoms about a month and half ago. I had an MRI a few days ago that was ordered by an ENT. I was told its an artery that is hitting a nerve that's close to my inner ear and if its bad enough surgery can be done where they will put a whole in my head and put a cushion of some type between the artery and nerve or I could try to adjust to the noise. He also said the radiologist said it looks like the artery is blocked, but the ENT does not believe the blockage is insignificant. I really don't know what to do. What did you ultimately have done? Please let me know. Thank you.

I have a problem kinda like this in my right ear. It's a very loud sound like "wow..wow..wow..wow..wow". It goes with my heartbeat. My thought is that a vein or artery has shifted near my ear and that's why I hear it. One day I will get this looked at. Had it for probably 3-4 years. It really sucks.