MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I HAVE H PYLORI AND ALSO DISCOVERED I HAVE A B12 DEFICIANY AND I HAVE INJECTIONS EVERY 2 MONTHS ARE THESE AT ALL RELATED?? I HAVE TAKEN ANTIBIOTICS 3 TIMES AND IT STILL HASN'T GONE AND THEY MADE FEEL ILL. IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I COULD TAKE TO CLEAR THIS. IVE HEARD OF MANUKA HONEY AND BYE-LORI 11 BUT ARNT SURE IF THERE ANY GOOD AS I HAVE ONLY READ ABOUT THEM ON THE INTERNET I REALLY WANT THIS TO GO BECAUSE OF THE STOMACH CANCER THING IT FRIGHTENS ME AS I HAVE LOST MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY TO CANCER. IT FRIGHTENS ME ALSO ABOUT THE B12 AS MOST PEOPLE SAY YOU GET THIS AT AN OLDER AGE AND I AM ONLY 30.

Helicobacter pylori infection as well as an inflammation of the stomach lining can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency. Different studies showed that most of the cases of B12 deficiency have been reversed by treating an underlying cause, H. pylori infection in your case.

Now, this infection could be very hard to treat, as you have already seen because the bacteria live behind the stomach's layer of protective mucus. The treatment usually consists of prescribing multiple-drug (antibiotics) treatment and it could take a lot of time until you are free of the infection. This bacterium seems to be resistant to many drugs and this and incomplete treatment are two main causes of failing to eradicate the organisms from the body.
Patients are usually treated with triple therapy and if it fails, quadruple therapy is introduced. If the quadruple therapy fails, patients are usually sent to the gastroenterologist.