I am found to have Helicobacter pylori, and diagnosed with it few days ago. I want to have antibiotic treatment of some kind. I have heard treatment of Helicobacter pylori is usually simple. Also, I know sometimes is needed repeated endoscopies, biopsies and several courses of treatment with antibiotics. Because of that, I would like to know more about curing this bacterium to understand it.

After you are treated of Helicobacter pylori, it is necessary to repeat one of these tests to see if the germ has been killed. Only breath tests or endoscopy with biopsy can be used to prove that the bacterium has been killed. The blood test may remain positive for months or even years after successfully curing the Helicobacter pylori. All antibiotics used in any therapy have a small risk of an allergic reaction. The antibiotics we recommend are called tetracycline, amoxycillin, clarithromycin, and metronidazole. If your Helicobacter pylori infection is difficult to cure, we may suggest that you take different antibiotics. Also you might try with higher doses in order to treat it. There is no justification for treating any patient longer than 14 days. Cure rates have been less with shorter therapies but anyway, longer therapies have not been shown to result in higher cure rates. If 14 day therapy fails, the bacterium is probably resistant to that antibiotic combination. Future therapy may need to be guided by antimicrobial sensitivity testing of cultured organism.

Can you give me suggestions for treatment of h pylori?

Hi, I have been encountering a pain in my right side below the rib cage last 2 months. It has given rise to high acid reflux, irrespective of any food I eat. Alkaline food gave the same result. Was wondering what is wrong

Initially doc suspected gall stone, so i got it tested by abdomen ultrasound scan and it came out negative. To make sure, I had HIDA scan which turned to be negative. My liver was normal in size, my pancreas and spleen and kidneys were all normal. Then I was referred to gastroentrologist who subjected me to EGD, they found that bacteria is the culprit. H-Pylori is a bacteria that could affect the stomach, intestine and duodenum (where the bile, pancreatic juice and food mix) . This bacteria wouldnt get off so easily. So i have been put on strong dosage of antibiotics 2000mg of amoxycilin per day. Thats frightening` :-( . Since the third dosage onwards it has upset my stomach (diarrhea). The doc said the bacteria wouldn't get off so easily and this bacteria needs to be given a final ditch and not to stop on the medicine as that bacteria might resurface.

I a vegan and now on a bland diet with almost no salt and spice.

I am still experiencing the same problem soon after eating the pain below my right ribs. But not the acid reflux any more. Not sure if anything else in store for me. Would appreciate any suggestions to get rid of my trauma. Thanks in advance`.