I had a hemrrhoidectomy 5 days ago. And the pain when I pooh is unbearable. Like a glowing red hot poker sticking in you bun. Pain so excruciating that i pass out almost and lasts about 45 minutes. I use a warm sitzbath and it helps for a few but after a few minutes my bun starts screaming again . Is it normal for the pain to get worse instead of better? HELP

Hey. My dad had a similar situation. Hemorrhoidectomy is an operation to remove hemorrhoids. He was given a spinal anesthetic so that you did not feel pain. Incisions are made in the tissue around the hemorrhoids. The swollen vein inside the hemorrhoids binds to prevent bleeding, and the hemorrhoids are removed. The surgical area can be closed. The operation was carried out in the surgical center. He returned home the same day. Immediately after the operation, when you are still under anesthesia, he was given a local long-acting anesthetic. This should last from 6 to 12 hours to ease the pain after surgery. You can expect some pain after the operation. If your doctor has given you medicine for pain medications, take it as directed. Ask your doctor which medications without a prescription are safe for you. Some bleeding is normal, especially with the first movement of the intestine after surgery. A few days after the operation, drink fluids and eat a soft diet (plain rice, bananas, dry toast or crackers, apple sauce). Then you can go back to normal food and gradually increase the amount of fiber in your diet. You can apply numbness of medications before and after defecation to relieve pain. Ice packs applied to the anal area can reduce swelling and pain. Frequent soaks in warm water (cotton baths) help relieve pain and muscle spasms. Some doctors may recommend that you take an antibiotic (eg, metronidazole) after surgery to prevent infection and reduce pain. Doctors recommend that you take stool softeners containing fiber to make your bowel movements smooth. Stress during movements of the intestines can lead to the appearance of hemorrhoids. Subsequent examinations with the surgeon are usually performed 2-3 weeks after surgery to check for problems. Fast recovery to you.