I am over weight 55 year old women who has a hemmorid. Even though I shower every morning and night, after an hour I smell an odor on my pants when I get up from my chair. What causes this and how can I prevent it?

The same question I asked my doctor when I noticed that my hemorrhoids have really bad smell, like foul fish I can tell.

He told me that a lot of people asked him the same question, and he said to me that the only proper answer is that this smell is caused by the leakage of feces.

That is why some people do experience "smelly anus" - if I can call it like that.

Of course, this smell is also caused by the foods that you eat and digest. Of course, you can always ask your doctor more about this and don't forget to ask him about hemorrhoids relief advice. 

Thanks to my doctor, I have learned a lot about it. 

In order to prevent this bad odor, you need to treat or remove your hemorrhoids and you also have to make sure that your stool is soft.
Hemorrhoids can cause loss control of the anal sphincter, so it is quite possible that your stool is leaking. They can also cause stool retention. The area around hemorrhoids can get inflamed and swell, making the anal sphincter less functional and I reckon that the odor comes from there. You need to treat your hemorrhoids with corticosteroid creams to reduce the swelling, you need to eat high fiber foods and drink a lot of liquids, you should take sitz baths a few times a day, wash the anal area with warm water every time after a bowel movement, and see a doctor and discus the options about removing your hemorrhoids.

im only 16 and have had this problem for almost two years... (hemorroids) I just recently discovered what it was and i really don't feel comfortable telling my parents... what should I do?

Just tell them! It may seem embarrassing but hemorrhoids are quite common. They could help you w the situation. Or go to Walmart and get some preparation cream. It's 3-6 bucks depending on which tube you get!

Maybe you can use salt water in a spray bottle after each bowel movement. Also try natural deodorant in liquid form spray.

What kind of doctor?

Mine smels like steaks when they bleed i didint eat meat for weeks and its steel smel like steak its weird

I get people who make lame faces scratch nose or hair coughing etc but if I smelled so bad work wouldn’t allow me there right

A lot of times people wont tell you. They will just talk about you after you leave. I experienced this as well, my hemorrhoids was causing a smell but I never knew what It was. Thankfully a friend told me it might be my hemorrhoids and for sure that's what it was. Use some preparation H and see if that helps. Best of luck to you!!!!

I find it smells like stinky feet! I get them a couple times a year, usually after a really straining bowel movement like diarrhea. Then a harder bowel a couple of days later will burst it. And yep, it's sure stinky!

Oh the joys of life... ;)

Ive been having the same problems with the bad smells for about a year. Yeah, it sucks. People talk about me indirectly but loud enough so I hear them in class all the time, it is very embarrassing for me but I finally saw a doctor and im in the process of getting them removed right now. I just hope this bad smell goes away sometime soon.

How do i get rid of the smell

I can attest the smell is similar to rotten fish, I am a 50 year old male and the last time I had them bleeding out of control about 2009 I could not mask the smell. I used alcohol on it to sanitize the area and man the pain can last hours.

I know you are supposed to wait and drop what comes out naturally but unfortunately I strain it all out just to get it over with. There is a special fissure medicine that can be used as well.but I do not remember the name.

I believe it is the actual blood that seeps out that causes the smell because only when they bleed (not very often at all.) this happens. I always use hot water with my toilet tissue to really clean the area and I cannot imaging using tissue without water on it.

Hi there, I am a 20 year old female who had had this problem for about 10 months. The onset was following a course of antibiotics, which caused a lot of irritation in the area, as well as itching and this ‘smell’. I have seen countless doctors as well as a specialist, who all looked at me as if I was crazy. The specialist told me I had internal hemmorids, which I have read may be causing the smell. It is a very embarrassing problem, and it’s causing me a lot of distress. Some things I’m going to try is eating more fibre, and maybe trying a low inflammatory diet, as well as using a hemmroid cream and wipes throughout the day. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a tub so I can’t do sitz baths. Does anyone have any other suggestions?