I dont have a question I wanted to write my review. I am 28 years old and had a hemorrhoidectomy yesterday. I had internal and external hemorrhoids the external were mainly skin tags from prolapsed hemorrhoids that were heals but the enlarged skin remained. About a month ago I got a fissure that I am quite sure pooping shattered glass would have felt better than that agonizing pain. I was embarrass but nearly went to the emergency room as no creams medicated wipes or medicine helped. I made an appointment with a general surgeon who specializes in this and he gave me medicated suppositions and pain meds until the fissure healed. When I returned he tried banding but he said the pinching sensation would not be appropriate and sadly said surgery was my only option. He stressed that this was a painful if not one of the most painful surgeries. I couldnt decide so wanted to sleep on it. I called back a week later and made the appointment. I was tired of the bleeding discomfort and look of the external. The procedure was fairly quick I wanted a spinal nut the anesthesiologist suggested general because it was a simple 45 minute surgery. I was nervous and they gave me a cocktail in my I've that calmed me. The pain after was about 3 in recovery then shot to a 6 an hour after. Things I suggest to purchase or prepare yourself with is benefiber as medimusal caused me severe cramps which isn't good within 24 hours of the surgery. I was so swollen. I could not imagine going number two anytime soon. Prunes or prune juice for fiber, power aid or Gatorade for electrolights mix your benefiber in with this. Cereal with fiber and oatmeal. Soups or chicken broth or with beans for fiber. The best thing for me have been laying on my side and Seitz baths every 4 hours. I take Percocet every 5 hours and relax in the bath ill also take motrin if I need it. Percocet doesnt touch the pain but it allows you to relax and rest. Lay on your side and get yp periodically just to get your drinks and lay back down. I am wearing support hose on my legs do blood pressure because of blood loss and the pain if I need to go number two. As a woman boxer briefs have been tight enough yet comfortable I fold and place a small gauze in between my buttocks on the surgical region then wear a liner or pad for extra protection. I was told not to use anything but warm water to clean with this includes urinating just pour water over the area. I haven't went number 2 but many suggest going in the bathtub to reduce pressure. I guess ill see about that when the time comes. Last night I could not get comfortable and slept on a bag of ice which reduced some swelling. Make sure you stay hydrated and use benefiber make sure your able to relax rest and urinate. And im told produce a bowel movement within 5 days or double up on your fiber intake and call your dr if you haven't within 7 days. One day post opt and yes its painful but mind over matter. If your suffering mentally with embarrassment or in physical pain you should consider the surgery. If you have children you should seek help for atleast a week. I could not imagine my 5 and 7 year old being here at the moment it will just prolong your healing. I will answer any questions and update in a few days. Good luck!

Another recommendation I have now after is requesting something for the anal muscle spasms which are just painful but even more because they catch you off guard and a lidocaine numbing gel if possible.