I have been told that there is no treatment that is effective against the Henoch-Schönlein Purpura (HSP) vasculitis I have been suffering in my lower leg. My body will work to clear the vasculitis up all by itself, and recovery is entirely expected - so my doctor says. This frustrates me. I want drugs to treat my Henoch-Schönlein Purpura Vasculitis! At the very least, I want to be liberated from the unpleasant feelings the vasculitis is causing. Does anyone else here have Henoch-Schönlein Purpura? Have you been told the same thing? Or are there people who have in fact been given drugs to treat Henoch-Schönlein Purpura Vasculitis? If so, I would be very grateful if you could tell me which drugs you are getting so I can try and convince my doctor to give them to me as well. I am hoping to hear from someone!

Hello there,

I am so sorry that you are so frustrated about your diagnosis! And moreover that you believe that your doctor is working against you! Unfortunately we are all spoiled brats and we have been used to getting rid of the diseases and all sorts of conditions by simply taking medications prescribed by the doctor. And now you are in the situation when you don’t know what to do and there is no pill which can help you to relieve the symptoms of your condition.

If you need confirmation of your diagnosis see another doctor but he is going to tell you the same thing. Try to be patient and strong and follow instructions given by your doctor.

Your post was not helpful. Obviously you have not experienced this illness and been told that it could ultimately lead to renal failure or likely to result in reoccurances. One would expect that there would be more remedy options for this disturbing illness which was discovered in 1844 other than watching and waiting or taking prednisone.

I was just diagnosed with vasculitis. My doctor told me it will resolve on its own. Ive had it for a year, and its still there. It's not painful just unsightly. But I  can't believe there isn't something that would help. I took Prednisone for a week but had to stop because of the side effects.

Henoch Schonlein Purpura is an autoimmune disease.. I have also been diagnosed and have been suffering with flare ups at least once or twice a week for 3 months. Unfortunately there is nothing any doctor I have seen can do either.. I am taking prednisolone and have been since about week 2 and it doesnt seem to be helping.. As far as I can tell by research and talking to people who have also suffered from this disorder you need to just take better care of yourself.. cut out alcohol and sugar and processed foods and drinks.. go back to basics, clean eating and take time out to rest every day. I know this is very difficult to do, and I am also frustrated that nobody can tell me why I got hsp and how to get rid of it.