Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed purpura Henoch-Shonlein. I know that this disease is not easy for diagnosing. I would like to know something more about this. I hear that IgA value in the blood vessel wall is important. Is this true? Thank you for all your replies. Bye, folks!

Hello, there. Purpura Henoch-Shonlein is a form of vasculitis. Vasculitis represents inflammation of blood vessels. It represents a form of autoimmune disease. A method that can be used for diagnosing is biopsy. A tissue sample is being viewed by microscope. Immunofluorescence can be used as a method. It shows the deposits of IgA and C3 in blood vessel wall. IgA represents immunoglobulin. It is a protein that is synthesized by immune cells. They have important role in defending the organism, but also have important role in autoimmune diseases’ appearance.