Can someone tell me if it is true that cellulitis has been associated with vasculitis? My friend told me that this is a well known and proven scientific fact but I am not convinced that this is the case,. If my friend was right, you guys must know about it. Can you please tell me if she was telling the truth or not? THANKS :-)

Hello there,

I am not sure that this is scientifically proven fact and I was trying to search a confirmation for that and unfortunately I wasn’t able to find any. All I can tell you is that vasculitis is an inflammation of the blood vessels and this is leading to the thickening, weakening, narrowing and scarring of the blood vessels (but organs as well).

On the other hand cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and it can be very dangerous sometimes.

It is usually presented as red swollen part of the skin which can spread very fast.

When it comes to the treatment of both conditions that depends on a various factors for example which type of vasculitis do you have. I hope this was helpful.