Good day friends. I went to see my doctor a couple of days ago and today I took my tests. My doctor was not here, so he couldn't read and explain the test for me. I tried to read it alone, but of course I do not understand a thing. At all. It says that I had something NSTEMI. Well, I really hope that someone in here can tell me more about it until I consult my doctor about it. Can you tell me a little bit about it? What are risk factors of NSTEMI and how to treat it? Thank you.

Hey there. It looks like that you haven’t understand the word that your doctor told you. NSTEMI is a shorthand medical term for non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction. It is one type of myocardial infarction also called heart attack. So basically, you had a heart attack. You should listen what is your doctor telling you next time, because I am pretty sure that he didn’t avoid the fact that you had heart attack. Now, there are a lot of risk and some of the major risk factors are : hypertension, diabetes, cigarettes smoking, and high serum cholesterol. Those are the  biggest risk and you probably smoker or you are having high cholesterol levels. Am I right?

Good day there. You can’t be diagnosed with NSTEMI. You could just have it, I am not sure did you understand your doctor properly or not, but this is a type of heart attack. Actually, this stands for Non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. How your chest pain is strong it determines which type of heart attack did you have. Once NSTEMI has been suggested and if you have it, a cardiologist who can help determine the risk and the treatment strategy will typically see a patient. An echocardiogram may be ordered to look at the heart functioning. Usually, this condition is treated with aspirin and the blood thinner heparin.

Hey there. You have probably heard about NSTEMI as well. In case if you don’t know about NSTEMI, here is a link where you can follow everything about it. https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/how-to-treat-st-segment-elevation-myocardial-infarction-stemi.

Now, let’s go back to NSTEMI. With NSTEMI the heart attack damage usually is not extend through the full depth of the heart muscle. Also, NESTEMI heart attack is caused by different types of blood clots and treatment for it usually differs from the treatment of STEMI (that is why you need to know something about it as well). Medications such as clot – busting are not effective, but PCI can be one of the treatment options.

Hello friends. There are so many other risk as well and every risk needs a different kind of the treatment. You need to be aware of this, but I am pretty sure that you have a doctor who will inform you about this occasionally. So, other risk that are there are : age increasing, obesity, alcohol consumption, if you are eat a lot of carbohydrates, if you have a very stressful life. Those are the things that can affect it. So, you should be extremely careful about this because it can be dangerous. NESTEMI is heart attack and it is dangerous just like any other type of heart attack!