We are surrounded by fact how high cholesterol is dangerous for this and that. I know that is risk factor for coronary heart disease or CHD. As I want to stay healthy and alive, I will definitely visit my doctor and check if my cholesterol is normal. What I want to know is what results I should expect, or what is difference between high and normal cholesterol level?

Direct link between high blood cholesterol and CHD has been confirmed by the Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial. Their studies showed that lowering total and LDL or so called “bad” cholesterol levels significantly reduces CHD. Good role to follow is that any total cholesterol reading below 200 is good or normal cholesterol level. Anything over 240 indicates that you are at risk for some coronary disease. Your LDL cholesterol as normal level should measure below 130 and normal HDL cholesterol level should range between 35 and 40. When HDL cholesterol reaches 60 or higher, there is benefit of reducing your chance of heart attack. Not everyone is thrilled about having this blood drawn but bear in mind this particular test is quite simple and inexpensive. Everyone should do that to see if cholesterol level is normal. Before test is done, if you want to get real results if your cholesterol level is normal, you shouldn’t exercise immediately preceding the test. Also if you are pregnant, ill, you had recently surgery or taking certain medications, doctor should be informed. Then normal cholesterol level is a little bit changed which doesn’t have to mean you really have high cholesterol.