Hi guys.

I have notice that we were discussing a lot about myocardial infraction. For those who didn't know, it is exactly the same thing as heart attack. We all do know what the heart attacks are and how someone has the heart attack, but I am sure that we haven't discuss about most common causes of it. I was wondering do you even have the idea what are the most common causes of myocardial infraction? What are the things that cause heart attack at most of the cases?

I think that people doesn't notice that too much but I believe that it is very important.

For example my friend had a heart attack and she never found the cause of it. 

Hey there. I also do believe that it is very important to find and understand the cause of heart attack. I remember that one lady had heart attack and when my mom asked her what was the cause, she told her that there is no reason to find out the cause because it is “just a heart attack”. I don’t agree!

The most common signs are pressure, tightness in chest, pain in your chest, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, nausea, anxiety, dizziness, etc. Those are potential signs of the heart attack. Chest pain is the most common symptom.

Have a nice day. 

Hey. A heart attack happens if the flow of the oxygen – rich blood to a section of heart muscle suddenly becomes blocked. In that case your heart can’t get enough oxygen. Usually, most of the heart attacks occurs as a result of coronary heart disease – it is a condition in which some really waxy substance called plaque builds up inside of the coronary arteries and these arteries supply oxygen rich blood to your heart.

It happens that plaque builds up in the arteries and that condition is called atherosclerosis and the buildup of plaque usually occurs over many, many years.

Hey. Yes, I believe you. But I believe that there are so many other things that can cause heart attack to some person. For example, i believe that a huge role is playing healthy lifestyle program, some sports activities, way of living in fact.

For example, I believe that a lot of cigars and big amount of the alcohol can cause heart attack as well or at least heart problems. Am I right?

I don't know anyone who had experience with this but I believe that this can be the case. If you have anyone who had problems with smoking, obesity and cigars and that this caused heart attack, let us know.  

Those sound more like symptoms to me than causes.

Hey guys,

I know of this less common heart attack cause which is a severe spasm of a coronary artery. The spasm cuts off blood flow through the artery. Spasm can occur in coronary arteries that aren't affected by atherosclerosis.

What causes a coronary artery to spasm isn't always clear. A spasm may be related to taking certain drugs, such as cocaine, emotional stress or pain, exposure to extreme cold and cigarette smoking.

Like you already know, there are a lot of different heart conditions and diseases which could eventually cause a heart attack, actually, most of these conditions can cause a heart attack.

Hey La Yi La,

There are some risk factors when it comes to heart attacks, some of these you can control and some of these you can't.

The ones that you can control are smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, overweight and obesity, an unhealthy diet, lack of routine physical activity and high blood sugar due to insulin resistance or diabetes.

Risk factors that you cannot control include age, family history of early heart diseases, your risk increases if your father or a brother was diagnosed with a heart disease before the age of 55, or if your mother or sister was diagnosed before the age of 65.

Hey guys,

Well, generally, heart attacks are caused by the blood supply to the heart being suddenly interrupted.

Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. CHD is a condition in which the coronary arteries (the major blood vessels that supply the heart with blood) get clogged up with deposits of cholesterol. These deposits are called plaques. 

During a heart attack, one of the plaques ruptures, causing a blood clot to develop at the site of the rupture. The clot may then block the blood supply running through the coronary arteries to the heart, which triggers a heart attack.

Hello everyone,

Like Alan wrote above me, most heart attacks are caused by a coronary heart disease, a condition that clogs coronary arteries with fatty, calcified plaques. In the early 1980's, researchers confirmed that the immediate cause of nearly all heart attacks is not the obstructive plaque itself. Instead, it is a sudden formation of a blood clot on top of plaque that cuts off blood flow in an already narrowed blood vessel.

Even after the progress that medicine made up until today, the step by step process that leads to a heart attack still isn't fully understood. Major risk factors, however, are well known.

Hey La Yi La,

I believe that you got plenty of info here regarding the most common causes of myocardial infarction, or heart attack.

You can fully understand now why does it happen, which are the conditions that could cause it and even what are its risk factors and how is this treated.

I'd suggest to everyone that they lead a healthy life if they don't want to have a heart attack. We all know, some of us even before, some of us from now on that heart attacks are a very serious thing, that they can easily cause death so it is something that you don't want to mess with.