Users comments and reviews on article Low White Blood Cells Count by MariAnne

What conditions/illinesses are indicative of the following abnormal CBC values:
White Blood Count 11.7
Hematocrit 35.5
RDW 17.5
Neutrophil 75.6
Lymphocyte 14.6
Monocytes 8.7
Neutrophil 8.8
As these values associated with ovarian cysts in addition to a large facet cyst (spinal) and what specialist physican should I see?

I knew that having a low white blood cell count was a bad thing but I did not know that having a high white blood cell count was a bad thing. I know that it's bad either way now, so I'm glad to learn about how that's something to be on the lookout for. I haven't had a blood test in ages and I know my last one was pretty normal but I do know what to expect now if I get one that comes back abnormal either way. Thanks!

i have low blood count measuring just 6 am quite unsure of this and waitin futher investigation into it,im 23. any ideas what could be causin this?

Hi there, has a doctor talked to you about what all the possible causes are? I am surprised that someone has not gone over more of this with you. Can you let me know? Thanks!

I have had a low WBC for about 8 years. It has measured as low as 2.7, currently at 3.2. All other counts, Absolute Neut, Lymph, Mono, EOS,and Basophils are also in the low end of the standard.
There appears to be no known reason.

After surgery and Radiation therapy for throat cancer, my WBC count was less than 3. I asked the oncologyst about it and he said "Well if we really understood the immune system we could comment on that. Don;t worry about it - go out and enjoy your life!" I have for the last 6 years. I am without any negative consequences of a low WBC.

very good article

i have lupus and RA and now i have a very low white blood cell count it worries me i am not sure what can be done

I find this helpful

what does decreasing WBC (from 4.3 in January of 2009, to 4.0 in April, 2009, to 3.6 in Jnauary 2010 mean? Should I see a specialist and, if so, what speciality? I take 12,000 mg Balsalazide daile for treatment of colitis.

Is it normal to have a consist low WBC?

1

I would like to say thank you for this articale, as i have been searching the net for info on white blood cells,i have to say this is the only understandable explanation that i have found.

very helpfull thanx do you know what the ESR stands for on a blood test thanku