PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LOW ABSOLUTE MONOCYTE COUNT MEANS ?

Hello there,

Monocytes are a type of white blood cell produced by the bone marrow and their role is to destroy infectious organisms that invade the body and cancer cells as well.

Monocytes usually circulate throughout the bloodstream for about one to three days before they have been distributed to tissues into the spleen, lung, liver and bone marrow. When they reach this tissue they mature into primary immune system cells. Monocytopenia is the medical term associated with a low monocyte blood cell count and causes are associated with the bone marrow. Disorders that impact the bone marrow are HIV, aplastic anemia, tuberculosis, malaria, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

You need to consult your doctor about your case and about the treatment options.

My white blood count is 3.4 .my neutrophis is 1.7 my m lymphs is 45 and my m monocytes is 0 my Dr is send me to a hemotoligst

Is 0.64 monocyte absolute low or high?

What is a normal monocyte absolute blood count non-fasting? Mine was 0.64 and I want to know what that means. Thank you

If my monocyte count is 1.4 % is it cause any problem

HARTPURPLE?, Hi! I sense the anxiety within your questions and I wish I had answers for you but I don't, though I myself AM trying to learn about these things because very recently I was told my Leukocytes & Lymphocytes ( white blood cells ) have been high for the past 2 years & all of a sudden my absolute monocyte level dropped down to 0.249, so I am being sent to see a Hematologist-Oncologist on 6/14/17...I think I will be told I am being evaluated for a blood cancer called ChronicLymphaticLeukemia and they had better NOT think I will submit to an immediate bone marrow biopsy without forewarning and the use of anaesthetic or at least a sedative!!! I am 63 and seem to recall a Dr. rather indifferently writing the 3 letters CLL on a note pad around 20 years ago...when I curiously asked about it I was told it didn't warrant immediate attention but was something to keep track f through the years...so, I am wondering IF perhaps you might also have elevated white blood cells? My PCP told me she suspects a problem with my spleen and now I'm going to see the blood specialist. I hope to get a response from you, I am Rebecca....GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

my wbc is 11.6 mcv 100 mch 32.2 rdwsd 49.8

Abs Neut 8.06 abs Mono 0.94 Abs Baso 0.12

Hi my monocytes count is 0 .... I it serious