Hi! I’m 17 years old girl. One of my really good friends has gluten intolerance. I didn’t know what it is and my father explained to me. But still I don’t know what the most common signs of it are. Please, can somebody explain to me how can I tell if I have gluten intolerance?

You should know that there are no typical signs and symptoms of gluten intolerance. Usually people with gluten intolerance have diarrhea, abdominal cramps, gas and bloating. But it may not often produce noticeable digestive symptoms. Sometimes gluten intolerance can cause weight loss, anemia, general weakness, skin disorders or even depression.

Hi, I myself am a 15 year old girl, and I am gluten intolerant. I would say that you pretty much know that there is a problem...you might not know right away but obviously there is something wrong when you have to run to the bathroom every time you eat a meal. I have had stomach problems for about 5 years and never knew the cause. I wouldn't suggest getting tested by a doctor until you have tested it out yourself. You can test it out by eliminating all foods with gluten in it for about 2 weeks. I tell you to not go to the doctor because it would be a waste of money and time. 1/4 people that go to the doctor to find out what is wrong get misdiagnosed. So just stay clear from wheat, barley, and malt and a lot of other things:(