Hi, I really need some help. My baby is 8 months old and we have started with giving her food other than milk and it seems like she is not taking it well. Some friends of mine told me that there is possibility she has some food allergies and that there is also a risk of the celiac disease. How can I know if my baby is allergic to gluten?

First of all, there is no reason to panic. But you must take your baby to the doctor and see what the problem is. There is possibility of the food allergy, but there is also a chance of some other, more serious problem. As for the gluten and other allergens, that could be easily checked with simple tests.

Hallo,
I am not sure is it smart to test your baby with gluten if you thing that she might be having allergic reactions to the gluten. The best way to test this is to see a doctor and to do an allergy test in the hospital where you baby will be safe. I think that there is always a possibility that your baby might be even lactose intolerant. Have you considered this as an option? You really can’t do anything at home except to change your babies diet. I hope that you will be able to find if your baby is allergic to gluten. Hope this helped you in any way..

All the best to you,
Karen