been experiencing recurring bouts of abdominal pain and bloating over the past three months. they're usually accompanied by low grade fever, aches and pains, particularly in the joints and back.

i've had numerous blood workups, pelvic ultrasounds, abdominal CT scan and everything more or less came up good. had a crohn's prognostic panel that turned up some elevated antibodies, but my gastroenterologist says it's nothing to be concerned about. also tested for lyme's disease, but that was normal as well.

my gastroenterologist suggested trying a gluten free diet, even though i tested negative for celiac disease. i immediately noticed more energy in the first week, but now i'm suffering with more bloating, fatigue and pain. i'm not sure what to do now. anyone in a similar boat with these kinds of symptoms? i'd really appreciate suggestions/stories. thanks!

It's really odd that you have symptoms that are similar to celiac disease but that you don't actually have any success after quitting the carbs. As for some guesses, I know a woman who was misdiagnosed with celiac disease but it turned out instead that she had severe stress instead. Believe it or not, she had symptoms quite close to yours--and what helped her was meditation. Does anyone else have ideas?

i need to stress here (which i didn't before) that i've only been gluten free for two weeks. and everything i've read tells me newbies are going to make mistakes, so i need to account for that, even though i've been vigilant.

in addition to the other symptoms i just noticed a spotty rash over my abdomen.

i don't think my problem is related to stress, but the advice is appreciated. meditation couldn't hurt, thank you.

That is important to note. Yes, if you're only two weeks in, then your body is probably still adjusting. You have to be especially vigilant because there is gluten in everything, and it can be really hard to avoid! If after a month you are still doing badly and have bad symptoms, I would recommend going back to the doctor. And in the meantime, do try the meditation. It does help a lot! Keep us posted.

Hey man. I really can't tell what is causing for bloated stomach to reappear along with other symptoms. Have you tried doing full body examination? I suggest you to give your blood samples, they might discover some particular diseases, if you have them. Or your stool sample, it might give an information about your problem. I'm interested in your diet habits. I advise you to see a specialist about this kind of problem because it can literally be God knows what. Also, have you tried doing endoscopy? It might be about your diet, keep track on what you are eating. Let us know what the doctor told you. 

Stopping carbs doesn't mean you are eating gluten free. You have to read every single label to be sure there is no gluten - snack foods, salad dressings (some have barley malt), soups, EVERYTHING.

I'm experiencing something similar as well. I have extreme nausea and bloating but with little bowel movements. I have tried everything to get myself to not be so constipated. Now my left leg and side are swollen. I have had terrible fatigue for months and my whole body hurts. It hurts to walk cause my legs and body burn. I have excruciating pain in my arms when brushing my hair and really feel like something is really wrong. My blood work is for the most part ok. The doctors told me my left leg is swollen because of being backed up. Now my whole left side is swollen including my face. Does anyone know what might be going on with me /

This is so odd because i have the exact same thing! Nothing over the counter helps! I read on the internet that gin would help stomach problems and it does give some comfort at least for a while. Hope you and I both get over it and I don't know what mine is either but it's all the same for me too!

I also suffer from your symptoms. mine are bloating, severe pain in upper abdom, nasusua nothing I eat expels this horrible tiredness , expels gas by night time my stomach looks as though im 8 mo.pregnent im in horrible pain. I don't eat much but I recently started probiobotics I take 2 @ day . somewhat helps. but you need to see a gastroligist

try probiotics hightest strength 2 a day see if that helps, if not you need to see an endocronoligist for a sonic gram

try taking 2 pro biotics daily 200 million natures bounty vitamins or whatever you decide. keep away from fatty foods, only buy lactose milk.it may be related to siliac disease . at worse you may have ulucerertive colitis. see a gastroligist.!hope this helps. let me know ok.