I am 22. 117 pounds.
I have slight anemia and have been diagnosed with IBS. I read that many with IBS actually have a gluten intolerance.
I have been on a gluten free diet for three weeks and for the first time in four years I havent had excessive constipation or diarreah.
This past weekend, I went off my diet and ate anything I wanted including McDonnalds chicken nuggets. I went back on my glueten free diet that monday.
I had no bowel movements till today and I had more diarreah and abdominal cramping than ever.
Does it sound like I have celiac disease?
Could what I ate saturday and sunday have caused me to be sick today (wednesday)?
Any help would be great.

Hi there! Yes it could be the cause. It is a small shock for your organism, you've been on a gluten free diet for three weeks and that's not a short period of time. Though diarrhea, abdominal cramping are some of the symptoms of the celiac disease you don't want to make a celiac disease diagnosis yourself. Abdominal pain, bloating, and discomfort are the main symptoms of IBS. However, symptoms can vary from person to person. Some people have constipation, which means hard, difficult-to-pass, or infrequent bowel movements. I found that no cure has been found for IBS yet, but many options are available to treat the symptoms. Your doctor will give you the best treatments for your particular symptoms and encourage you to manage stress and make changes to your diet. If you have been on a gluten free diet for three weeks and for the first time in four years you haven't had excessive constipation or diarrhea why not continue with that diet?