Hello! My mother has just told me that our cousins from another town will be visiting us the next weekend. She has also told me that they have a son who is already grown up and who is coming with them. He is autistic. I have never met an adult autistic person and I don’t know what should or shouldn’t do in his presence. How does an adult autistic person behaves?

Hello! You don’t have to be specially trained to communicate with an autistic person. You should accept him as he is. Not all autistic persons are the same and they don’t behave the same way. You have to treat him as all other persons and make him feel welcome and comfortable as you would do with any other guest.

I am 40 y.o. and I am Autistic. Growing up I was very different. Never knew I had to answer every question, difficulty understanding why people are able to succeed as individuals and not a group. Why people need friends. Why people can't stand alone? I have friends but can do without. If you were to see me you'd never guess I am Autistic. I have challenged myself and found it exiting to learn all the things to "act" like I am "normal even went to school to understand "normal human behavior". I am a parent and good one too. I am good at alot of things anything I do I do extra good unlike other I see have to struggle. I hope this helps your curiousity. Autism is just like a pimple. Everyone knows is there... oh yeah I can be funny too. Ok bye.