Hello! I am Mary and I am seventeen. I have a cousin who has a month old baby. I went to see her yesterday and the baby looks strange. She has been sleeping all the time and she woke up just for few minutes and then fallen asleep again. I think he also has a head that is too big. I am afraid that he may be autistic. What's an autistic kid like?

Hello! You have to know that two months old babies spend most of their time sleeping. They usually wake up to eat and they stay awake for very short period of time. It is completely normal. Also, a month old baby doesn’t look as babies from commercials or movies. They are not very nice and their heads may look too big or too small. I think you have never seen a one moth old baby before. It is noticed that children with autism have bigger heads but this is not always the case. Autism is a disorder which is characteristic by its specific behavior symptoms in communication and behavior not in the appearance.