Hello! My sister has an autistic child. She noticed some unusual behavior at her baby but since she has no other children she wasn’t aware of the severity of symptoms. I think she noticed them too late. The whole family is really concerned and we would like to help her but we don’t know much about autism. What problems do autistic children face in everyday life?

Hello! Autistic children face many problems in everyday life. Their problems depend on their condition and co-occurring conditions such as mental retardation, sleep problems, low muscle tone, sensory sensitivities, etc…One of the most important issues for children is development of friendships. It is important to start early. Bullying in middle and high school can be a major problem for students with autism. Development of friendships is the best way to prevent this problem. Most children with autism will be able to improve their quality of life with special education and treatment.

Hi dinah2010,
I have a 5 year old boy who is autistic. Autism is a broad specrtum disorder as you may all ready know and a lot of things are under the spectrum so i can only tell you what i know and have experienced my self.
Before my son was diganosed he was displaying unusual behaviours such as tapping everything against his mouth, flapping, rocking, no eye contact when talking to him, often in a daze found unusual things funny as the wind screen wipers in the rain and lights, His speach was practically non existant and he would bang his head against things just to name a few.
First things first though if you think the child may have autism go and get him diganosed and tell the dr and or pediatrition your concerns and take it one day at a time. I believe that autism is not a life sentence but a different perspective on life. My son was two when he was diagnosed and they diganosed him as serverly autistic. With a bit of hard work and determanation we have a completely different child now who acts like a typical 5 yr old boy yes he has some perculiar habbits but i believe that makes him unique. There are some very famous people that are autistic who are famous actors, designers, writers and scientists so please do your own reserch and dont believe everything you hear.