I know that Enalapril is used to treat high blood pressure. My doctor told me it is also used in combination with other medications to treat heart failure. I found just that Enalapril is in a class of medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme. However, this is not enough for me. Since I am supposed to take this drug and since my treatment depends on it, I need to hear more about this medicine.

Enalapril comes as a tablet to take by mouth, and it is usually taken once or twice a day with or without food. To help you remember to take Enalapril, take it around the same time every day, which is good advice when you take any drug on daily basis. Important is to follow the directions on your prescription label carefully. You have to ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand about Enalapril. Take it exactly as directed, and do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of Enalapril and gradually increase your dose, which is commonly with this medicine. Enalapril controls high blood pressure and heart failure but does not cure them that is something you should know. Continue to take Enalapril even if you feel well, many people stop taking Enalapril without talking to their doctor, which is definitely wrong. I think you should also be warranted that Enalapril might cause side effects. Tell your doctor if cough, dizziness, rash, weakness, or some other side effect, because then you have to be monitored, because some side effects can be serious.