Good day friends.

I was trying to find where I can ask some question or questions about my current problem with health and I found this site. I was reading some comments and some topics and I believe that you will be able to help me, just like you helped a lot of other people. Here is my story. My heart is like a paper bag according to my doctor. It is weak and "tortured" even if I don't know how. My doctor told me that I am dealing with arrhythmia for very long time now and that I should do something about this a long time ago as well. That is why I tortured my heart and that is why my heart is now "paper bag". Doctor told me that I need to take felodipine to protect my heart. Can you tell me how this works and how it can help me to protect my heart? Thank you

Hey there. Yes, you should check your heart before because it is true that heart is tortured when it works like that – like when you have an arrhythmia.

But I believe that you want to ask about Felodipine (you haven’t wrote it correct). OK…

Well here is what I know -  Felodipine works by causing some of your blood vessels to relax and widen. This will lower your blood pressure and it also will reduce the force and the rate of your heartbeats. It is going to prevent chest pain and angina as well. You can use it because it is safe.

Hey Guest,

Felodipine is prescribed to patients who have problems with their high blood pressure or who have angina. Felodipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by blocking the normal action of calcium on blood vessels and the heart. This allows the blood vessels to relax, the heart to beat with less force and pump out less blood, and the heart to beat more slowly and regularly.

You should know that you shouldn't be using felodipine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients or if you have a history of low blood pressure. You should consult your doctor about this.

Hey guys,

There are some medical conditions which could interact with felodipine. You should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of these apply to you:

- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or if you are breast feeding

- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine

- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances

- if you have heart problems, breathing problems, or a slow heartbeat.

Also, barbiturates, hydantoins, carbamazepine, azole antifungals, cimetidine, erythromycin and macrolide immunosuppressives are all medications which interact with felodipine, whether because they lower its efficiency or they make its side effects worse.

Hi everyone,

You should use this medication as your doctor instructed you to. It should be taken regularly either without food or with a light meal. You should avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking felodipine because it can lower its effects. You need to swallow the tablets and not crush them or chew them. 

This is very important: if you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Be sure not to take two doses at once.

Hello Guest,

I believe that the people above me gave you some really good info about this medication.

I believe that the most important part is that you listen to what your doctor is saying regarding the use and dosage of felodipine. Be sure not to overdose but if it happens, call a poison control center immediately upon overdosing.

There are some side effects of this medication but these are not too bad and they don't occur to a lot of people. If it happens that you have some effects or if it happens that these become severe, you should talk to your doctor about it.

Hey. Felodipine is used to treat very high blood pressure and it is in a class of medicines called calcium channel blockers.

It works very simple by relaxing the blood vessels so your heart does not have to pump blood very hard. It comes in the tablet form so you can take it by your mouth and it is usually taken once a day.

But please remember that Felodipine controls high blood pressure but it does not cure it at all. Continue to take those pills even if you are feeling well. If you decide some day for some reason to stop taking this medicine, consult your doctor.

Yes, I totally understand your situation and I know what it means when you have a heart that is similar to a paper bag. But that is just one of the signs that you need to do immediately something about this. But you also need to be aware of the side – effects and the most common side effects can happen because the drug is working to well instead to high blood pressure you end up with low blood pressure. That can lead to the hypotension and the signs of hypotension are headaches, tiredness, dizziness, flushing, etc.

Also I would like to recommend you that if you notice any of those side – effects your dose of Felodipine may be too high and you should discuss your doctor about this. He will help you to find the proper dose.

Yes, I understand what you are trying to tell me but still I am not sure is this a proper medicine that can help me solve my problems. I want to know is there any natural medication or something else, such as lifestyle changes or some diet program that can help me deal with this? If there is can you let me know more about this?
Also, I am a smoker and I forgot to tell you this. Should I quit smoking or something else?
Let me know and keep in touch.

Hi everyone.

Like someone already told you, it won’t cure your high pressure but it will protect your heart.

Felodipine works by slowing the movement of calcium through the muscle cells that are found at the walls of your blood vessels. It does this by blocking calcium channels and calcium is needed by muscle cells in order for them to contract.

Felodipine actually relaxes the muscles. It acts specifically on the muscle cells in the walls of arteries causing them to relax and this will allow the arteries in the body to widen an effect that has two main uses.

That is why Felodipine is considered as one of the best medications.