Hi, guys. My little girl has an area without pigment on her left cheek. Doctor said that this was vitiligo. I have read something about it on the internet. I am afraid that this might spread. I would like to know how long it takes to spread. Does anyone know this? I will appreciate all your replies.

Well vitiligo is usually begining with a few small white patches which afterwards spread over the body. This period of time is usually several months. Sometimes these patches continue to widen and spread, but usually they stay in the same place for years and I hope that this is going to be the case with your little girl. The location of these macules shifts and changes over time because certain areas of skin lose and regain their pigments so it is quite possible that your daughter is going to have her normal face color after some time.

Unfortunately there is no cure for vitiligo but certain treatments tend to help. You should discuss this with your doctor.

Hey guys hope your well I'm Charley I have heard of vitiligo and my favourite artist Michael Jackson had it and I have whits spots on my legs and I haven't seen it before like that so do I have vitiligo? I am going to get it to checked it if I have it or not anyway thank you for reading Peace take care :)

Its baced on the person.t dint have any particular medicine..so dont try any medicine..just make sure is it avitiligo or not by consulting dermitologist...and finally follow some diet..that u will get in the net..

I was told that I had vitiligo about 6 years ago - I am 22 at the moment. I have 2 patches on my head, one beside my right eyebrow and one on the back of my head (it grew as white hair). I also have one, which I only noticed about 2 years ago, on the front of my head (again, as white hair). So, I would say that it doesn't spread for everyone, it might, but I don't think it does.