I recently heard that you can get vitiligo on your lips as well! I was a bit surprised to learn about that, because I was always convinced that the lips were made of a different kind of tissue, kind of like the nipples. I am now fascinated by this and I would love to see some pictures. Do you know where I could find these?

Hello there gray517,

The main sign of vitiligo is pigment loss that produces milky-white patches or depigmentation on your skin. Other signs are:premature whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows or beard, loss of the color in the tissues that line the inside of your mouth and loss or change in color of the inner layer of your eye.

You probably know that any part of your body can be affected by vitiligo but depigmentation usually first develops on sun-exposed areas of your skin. These areas are hands, feet, arms, face and lips.

I hope that this was helpful and that now you have some basic info. Pictures you can find online if you are that interested to see how this looks like.

even i am suffering from vitiligo in lips for past 2 years.But my white skin doesn't expose vitiligo to anybody...can anyone suggest a best remedy to cure vitiligo?