I would like to know a bit more about vitiligo. How can it be cured? Is there any effective treatment or not? I ask this because my friend has it and I see that it bothers him a lot but I am not sure if he had done anything about it so I will help as much as I can, if only with a useful information. Thanks.

You should know that there are many methods of dealing with this condition but most of them include cosmetic preparations for covering the lighter areas of the skin. There is laser treatment, there are even some meds, but so far, as far as I know, there was nothing 100% efficient. Either it does not cover the light areas completely or it does but only for a certain period of time.

i've had it for so many years....started from my waist area. i've cried alot, it bothered me and it bothers me alot....but am glad after all these years, it's going!!! :-):-):-)....first thing, onez gotta believe, that this is just a tinnny problem and accept it, but can not let it get into the your brain all the time ( i know it's hard, but it can done)....and absolutely, need to take care of your diets. do NOT take milk and salt at the same time in your diet......and there are other stuff, which i will say write more about other times. But this is a tiniii tiny problem and it can be cured, as my experiencing it myself!!!...:-):-):-) getting a new light/perspective towards life, i feel like living now...:-)

Complete inhilation of vitiligo from your body system a tricky matter. However you can manage your local manifistations.

Use the permanant and safe treatment for it which cover the underlying causes of vitiligo. Apply psoralens made remedies or creams. Psoralens is a powerful sesitizing agent for skin to sunlight it boost the pigment producing mechanism of skin and re-pigment your skin.

It cause no side effects what are Psoralens

**edited by moderator**

Yes there is medicine ...I am using for spouse its getting better...and this aurvedic medicine...not expensive treatment cost ...got to the following URL for more infomation

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Extensive medical research done by MD's of 75 years ago clearly showed what the actual cause of vitiligo was. MD's of that time were curing people with vitiligo WITHOUT treating the skin in any way. MD's don't do it today because their knowledge of their own profession is minimal, and because there's no money it for them. The money they (and hucksters on the internet) make is in 'treating' people indefinitely with ineffective products and sevices which never cure the problem causing vitiligo.

The real medical research and information on vitiligo is being kept from suffering, troubled people, and their pocket books are being cleaned out by people who sell ineffective, non-curative products and services which never cure the underlying cause of vitiligo. This crucial eye-opening information from bona fide medical research that has been kept from people, has been put into a unique book and is available at. Virtually every significant thing you have been told about vitiligo is misinformed, wrong, or just plain half-truths.

The name of the book is "Vitiligo: Your Doctor Will Never Cure, You've GOT to Do It Yourself."
No oils, no PUVA, no uvB, no sunlamps, no mysterious (natural or supernatural) herbal remedies --- only correct information
and knowing what you can do FOR YOURSELF to finally get rid of the problem BY YOURSELF.

I've had vitilgo for as long as i can remember, and i feel its a big problem in my life.
I cant do the normal things a teenager does, when i go abroad i dont wear bikini's or shorts because am afraid people will laugh at me.
Ita getting harder as i grow up, i look at people who are able to wear bikini's/dresses/shorts and then i look back at me....
People may say just get over it, you'll be fine, people dont care. But i care.... Am the one living with it i have to look at it all the time.
I just want help :/ something that will take this hurt away for good.
No one fully understands

I totally understand you because i have it all over my stomach,and i cant use a bikini either because of my vitiligo problem.and i know how frustated this coul be because im going thrue this now

can u give me doctor's contact no

tell your friend to stay away from folic acid and iron. Tell him to first visit a nutritionist in order to establish a healthy organic diet, this will be help him endure a healthy eating lifestyle. exercise, dont think about and try to come to closure about any sense of loneliness or grief in his life. Vitiligo is alaso know as the " sickness of sadness" it is very much linked to depression and self esteem issues. I had vitiligo and now I dont. My mother and I, found a way to heal me using every advise given to us by friends, doctors and spiritual leaders. Tell him laso, to chant nam myoho rengue kio- And study the buddhist concept of " turning poison into medicine"

Please tell me where can i buy this book from-i am an Indian.

Can you give more details on how you chanted and used the buddhist concept ? I am new to this, but I would like to chant on behalf of my husband who has the condition.. Would that be okay ?

I need this book

My mother had vitiligo and it was all over her body, but because of another reason she had to begin takign exessive amounts of vitamin D 50,000 iu a month to be exact and this has restored all of her pigmentation of her skin. We didn't realize it was the vitamin D until years later. I took a nutrition class and this was one of the many uses of Vitamin D that I can say really works!

I understand. I turn 52 this year. I have a severe case of vitiligo. It started when I was three and has continued throughout my entire life. As a child, my mom would put make-up on my knees so I could wear dresses and not get teased by kids. The make-up would wear off. I quit wearing dresses. My dad got stationed in Hawaii and all through my teenage years the vitiligo kept spreading. I felt like a two toned freak. Now my pigmentation is almost all gone except for some of the hair follicles in my eye brows and eye lashes. My hair is an extreme white. I dye my eyelashes and eyebrows every month and I use banana boat tanning spray just so I don't look like an albino. I've suffered from sunburn throughout my life and having vitiligo just plain sucks. When I see other people that have it, my heart aches for them. I just ordered this e-book by A Schenk MD to see what's new and I wonder if the vitiligo is related to my stomach issues.