Hi. My sister in law has been experiencing some changes on her breast. I think this change is called vitiligo. I am not sure I know enough about this condition. I was hoping someone can help me with some more details about this. Thank you for replying to my post. Bye!

Hi, there. Vitiligo is a skin disorder. It is a form of autoimmune disease. Here, immune cells attack cells that are responsible for pigmentation of the skin. As a result, there is a pigmentation loss in certain areas of skin. It can affect breast. However, sometimes this can be caused by some other disorders. Your sister in law should really consult a specialist. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hello there harlin638,

If your sister in law hasn’t consulted her general position about this matter she should do it as soon as possible. This is autoimmune disorder and that means that her own immune system is attacking healthy cells and in the vitiligo case the result is loss of skin pigmentation. This occurs anywhere on the body and in the beginning it looks like small white patches but it can be easily spread on the other parts of the body. This can happen in couple of weeks as well as for couple of years.

There are some treatment options which are usually focused on reducing the symptoms because there is not known the cause or the cure for this condition.