Hi. I have noticed a small white area on my chest. I went to see a dermatologist and she says this is vitiligo. As far as I know, this is caused by the loss of skin pigment. I would like to know if vitiligo is unusual on chest since it is more characteristic for sun exposed areas of skin.

Hello there phip1098,

Well first of all I am so sorry to hear that you have vitiligio because sometimes it can be really ugly. Unfortunately my sister has been diagnosed with vitiligio few years back and recently she has started to experience really nasty symptoms.

This is autoimmune disorder and like with the most of these disorders there is no cure because there is not known cause of the disorder. In this special case that attacking of the immune system on the healthy tissue results in depigmentation of the skin.

In my sister’s case spreading has appeared after for few years she had only few white patches on her check. I hope that you will not have the same problem.

I suffer from vitligo at such an early age,my parents went to doctors in many places with the hope of curing me of the disease. However, my conditions did not get any better despite the expense of a lot of money. They decided to have a try and took me to a Chinese hospital. The affected sites on my body had improved significantly in less than a month. After reinforcement treatment of experts, I have completely recuperated my health and I have become cheerful. I would like to share this with whoever has the same problems,you can talk to their doctors on the website of vitiligotcm.