Hello! I have one question about vitiligo. I know that nobody knows why this occurs. But recently I heard that heredity may be a factor because there's an increased incidence of vitiligo in some families. My father has it. So, please, tell me what are most common symptoms of vitiligo? Thank you!

Well, the main sign of vitiligo is pigment loss that produces milky-white patches (depigmentation) on your skin. There are some less common symptoms. Premature whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes, or beard. And loss or change in color of the inner layer of your eye.

Vitiligo is catagorized into five sub-catagories based on the size and pattern of the skin spots.
Diagnose of vitiligo is not difficult, white spots on skin and the sunburn are most common symptoms of vitiligo.
However there exist some other skin conditions that quite look like Vitiligo and also causes white spots in skin.

To handle such case when you are confused due to some other skin disease you may use a special device called Wood's Lamp experiment.

**edited by moderator**