I am gathering some info about vitiligo and where it normally occurs, on which parts of the body. I already saw some people complaining about vitiligo on their scrotum. It just made me wonder. Is this in fact one of the more common areas of the body that can be targeted by vitiligo?

Vitiligo is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes and these are the cells that make pigment in the skin are destroyed. The exact cause is still unknown but a genetic or hereditary predisposition can have some role in it. Treatment options include steroids, psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting, micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants.

However the choice of therapy depends on the number of white patches and their location, size and how widespread they are.  and of course on the option that is convenient to you.

If you are suffering from this condition it would be best to discuss these options with a dermatologist. He can help you to decide what the best option in your case is.