Hi All,

I'm new here... but here's my situation

ON thursday i had sex.. we did use a condom.. but after he came to me and said he saw some white stuff on the condom.. wasn't sure if it was the lube or sperm. He couldn't visibly find a hole in the condom which for certain i think doesn't mean there wasn't one.. and i'd rather be safe than sorry and take a test. I'm not allowed on the pill.

Also, prior to having sex my period was already late by a few days... which is normal for me as i have poly cycstic overies.. and my period is still late right now.. so i'm not really sure

But my question is.. how long would i have to wait before being able to take a pregnancy test? This is the first time something like this has happened to me before so i don't really know how any of this goes... We only had sex 5 days ago.. is it too soon to take a test?

It sounds unlikely that you are pregnant. You will need to wait until after the date your period is next due before taking a pregnancy test though.

I'm just curious why you would think it would be unlikely.. if you could just shed some light on that for me so i could understand better please

When condoms are used properly they are very effective. As you couldn't find a split in the condom it is unlikely that it failed. The substance your boyfriend found on the outside of the condom sounds like vaginal discharge.