On Oct. 21, I missed my birth control pill. I took it the next day, along with the one I was supposed to but I didn't take them at my usual time. Later on that same day, I got what I thought was my period, but it didn't last that entire day. The next day, Oct. 23, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, and he didn't pull out. I was wondering what my chances are of being pregnant, and how long should I wait before I take a pregnancy test?

I know when you take birth control and you miss one you can spot That is nothing unnormal. If you think you are pregnant I would wait at least a week to take a test.

As LeeAnn85 said, spotting does happen to a lot of women who either forget to take the birth control pill completely or miss the time for the pill. That happens because your body gets used to the birth control pill and reacts when the hormones from the pill are not there, but this is something more or less expected.

As far as the chances for pregnancy are concerned, if you took all other pills on time, especially if you have been on the pill for a longer time, they are very small because you simply could have not ovulated in these few hours between skipped pills – you should have been protected by the rest of the birth control pills.