Hi there ,I have a question about plan b> I had sex without a condom a day after my period ended , i took plan b 24 hours after intercourse and experienced light bleeding about 3 days after taking the pill. I want to now if that was period or just a side effect . i was supposed to get my period tree days ago and nothing yet. I took a pregnancy test two days ago but it came out negative idk if it was to early for that. I just want to know if its normal to be late on my period or if i might be pregnant.. Help please!!

I am 21 and have taken plan b twice in my life just recently within a years time. And the first time I was planning on having unprotected sex cause my bf is in the military and we had planned having unprotected sex, but didn't wanna get pregnant and he didn't wanna wear a condom, plus I don't really believe in birth control cause personally I think it's bad for the body. Anyways. The first time you take it your suppose to take it, and do it withing the first 72 hours, otherwise it doesn't work. And you said you had taken it within the first 24. That's great. Even though it says to take it immediately, or as soon as possible, 24 hours is really good.....and yes, you could have bled from taking the pill. And it does mess up your cycle quiet a bit. Actually it will change your cycle, but at some point you should get your period. And the fact that you took a pregnancy test and it came back negative is really good too, because most of the time it's really hard for a fake positive, or a fake negative. Those things are pretty accurate. I have taken many in my life, which I am not proud of. Anyways...this might scare you a little, and because of this story I advise you take another test in like 3-4 days. The second time I took plan b it was planned again, same reason as last time. And when I took plan b this time. I didn't take the brand name plan b, I took the generic, called first choice, which you need to take two pills within a 12 hour period. And the same 72 hour span. The fact that I took the first pill after 48 hours, wasn't a good idea, cause I got pregnant like I had feared. So the fact that even though I took it within the 72 hour marker, and still got pregnant. You should be aware and cautious still. And about 5-6 weeks into pregnancy I bleed, and I though it was because I had been having a lot of sex, but it's was my plantation bleeding which is a slight bleed from when I was suppose to get my period, but didn't cause I was pregnant....anyways, not trying to scare you or anything, just trying to let you be aware of my experience with plan b. Take another test soon!!!!! And if your really scared. Go to a planned parenthood around your area! you can search it up on Google and get an address/phone number for one near you. Anyways good luck, and try not to stress out, cause stress can delay a period by a lot too. GOOD LUCK-Jill