I also just got my period and want to stop it for this wkend....

How many mg of IBUprofen do you need to take in order for it to stop??

Ive also heard of the softcup but i dont want to put my fingers in there if theres blood coming out... sorry if it sounds kind of gross...

DONT take IBUprofen to stop your period. That is incredibly dangerous, suck it up and get a diva cup or ask your doctor for medicines to help stop your period. Taking too much IBUprofen can cause you to overdose, and is also known to cause stomach ulcers.

Hi hun I'm srry to bust your bubble but any kindof Ibruprophen, Tylenol, or Advil will make your period heavier. And you should never want to stop your period it helps you grow and it means you are healthy. My suggestion if you want a (Calender Pregnancy) one that is when you want to have it. Then you need to get on some type of birth control. My favorite is the DEPO shot you very rarely have a period on that and if you do have a period it is very light and very short liek 2 days. :-)

It diminishes and shortens your period. If taken the day you see any signs of pink spots, it diminishes flow by 75%, and duration by 50%. Ibuprophen taken in 800 mg tabs every 8-10 hours is a very safe quantity unless you have stomach ulcers or other issues were you are adviced not to take Ibuprophen. I suffer from Anemia and my periods at 37 yrs old just run me down. Only take the Ibuprophen for 2-3days maximum. My experience being an RN for 20yrs is that no 2bodies are alike. Again, if heavy periods are a concern discuss it with your Gyn.

I just posted this under another topic, please look at the herbal remedies - doctors don't know about this and they should:

NEWSFLASH: I was using the ibuprofen 800 mg per day 8-10 days at a time, with decreasing success each cycle. This last cycle on night 3, I was up 8 times to use the bathroom despite taking ibuprofen at 8pm the night before. The next day I took it again at 8am and by noon I was having some kidney pain, despite following my doctor's recommendation. So I decided to investigate the herbal alternatives, and stopped by a wonderful natural foods market in my neighborhood. Here I was advised to try a tincture of shepherd's purse (1 dropper full) in a tea of red raspberry leaf (which I had dry at home purchased bulk some time ago). I took that in the evening and the bleeding subsided right away.

I did more research online, and next day picked up a tincture of yarrow and added that to the tea and shepherd's purse (again, 1 dropper full).

From wiki: Yarrow intensifies the medicinal action of other herbs taken with it,[16] and helps eliminate toxins from the body[citation needed]. It is reported[17] to be associated with the treatment of the following ailments:

Pain,[18] amenorrhea, antiphlogistic,[19][20] bleeding, blood clots, blood pressure (lowers), blood purifier, blood vessels (tones), catarrh (acute, repertory), colds, chicken pox, circulation, contraceptive (unproven), cystitis, diabetes, digestion (stimulates), gastrointestinal disorders,[19] choleretic [21] dyspepsia, eczema, fevers, flu, gastritis, gum ailments, heartbeat (slow), influenza, inflammation,[22] emmenagogue,[23] internal bleeding, liver (stimulates and regulates), lungs (hemorrhage), measles, menses (suppressed), menorrhagia, menstruation (regulates, relieves pain), nipple soreness, nosebleeds, piles (bleeding), smallpox, stomach sickness, toothache, thrombosis, ulcers, urinary antiseptic, uterus (tighten and contract), stomachache,[24] and varicose veins.

and this on shepherd's purse from an herbalist site: When dried and infused, it yields a tea which is still considered by herbalists one of the best specifics for stopping haemorrhages of all kinds - of the stomach, the lungs, or the uterus, and more especially bleeding from the kidneys.

Importantly NO SIDE AFFECTS AT ALL!! No need to worry about kidney or liver failure!

I took two droppers full per day of each and it worked beautifully.

I paid $11 per tincture for 1 oz, which it looks like will last 6 cycles if I have to dose twice a day for 5 days. Pretty reasonable if you ask me, and so much better for your health.

You can also get the herbs in dry form and make a tea or your own tinctures and save some $.