Hi! My sister takes Ibuprofen for her arthritis. She is satisfied and she says it helps her a lot. She actually used it occasionally when she felt symptoms like pain or swelling of her finger joints, but the problem is she is taking it more and more often. I don’t know how much ibuprofen would be too much on a continuous basis?

Hello! You haven’t mentioned if her doctor prescribed Ibuprofen for her arthritis or she just bought it and used it by herself. I don’t think arthritis should be treated without consultation to her doctor. Also, I think she should not take any medicine over a longer period of time without consultation to her doctor. The maximum dose of ibuprofen for adults is 800 mg four times a day. But it is always recommended to use only the lowest dosage needed to get relief from pain or swelling. Doses of ibuprofen on a continuous basis are much smaller, but her doctor is the only one who could decide how much and how long she should take it. Maybe he will not allow using it at all.