For the past 2 days now going on 3 the right side of my throat has been sore.  I used my toothbrush to kind of try and clean it and when i do it looks like I have a little blood in what I spit up.  Is this a serious thing?  I dont remember cutting my mouth or anything like that, and I dont have a cough to go with it.  There is no mucus coming up or anything and if there is it is clear and thin.  Cash is tight for me so I only want to go to the doctor if I really have to.  An answer as soon as possible would be nice since I am affraid it is something serious.  I do smoke but only for a few years and never anything more then maybe 2 packs a week at the most.

It has been a long, long time since I went to a doctor with a sore throat -- so long, I can't remember the last time. 

When I start to feel a sore throat I be sure I have my supplies: from the health food store, a small bottle of echinacia tincture 1:5 and several handfull of dried yarrow herb for tea; and from the grocery, about three large knobs of fresh ginger root, several fresh lemons and a small jar of good honey.  The echinacia is expensive but you will have enough left over to treat your next illness.

If I have a fever I stay home and rest.  I eat healthy (no junk food) and stay warm (hats, scarves, boots on my feet if it is cold and wet outside) and go to bed early.

On the first day I take more than the recommended dosage of the echinacia.  It has never hurt me or anyone I know to take more than the recommended doseage for a short time, but you should research it and decide what you want to do.

I make a tea with the ginger root, then add honey and lemon.  It makes a nice lemonade, which I drink all day long. 

I eat supper three or four hours before I go to bed.  Just before I go to bed I make a tea with about 1 1/3 cups of water and about 3 tablespoons of yarrow herb.  Let it steep 7 or more minutes.  It tastes bitter, but it is very good for a sore throat.  After the yarrow tea I sleep.  The room should be cool but not drafty and I always have enough blankets.

I always feel better the second day and a lot better the third day.  Some sore throats can be cured in three days, some are stubborn and can take two weeks, but all are better the second day and a lot better the third day.   If I had a sore throat and did all the things I am telling you and I didn't feel better the second day and a lot better the third day, I would see a doctor.  But that has not happened.

If you want to do all this, email me back and I will tell you exactly how I take the echinacia and how I make the ginger and yarrow teas.

good news is that today its not that bad. no real sore throat but kind of an annoying tickle pain. so im just gonna keep chugging this orange juice lol and keep warm thanks for the tips though!

I am glad you are feeling better.