Hi everyone,

I need some info and I hope that someone can help me out.

There's this friend of mine who has heart failure and he recently heard about this medicine called Coenzyme Q10. I told him not to take any medications before consulting with his doctor but I wanted to ask you about this medication. Do you know anything about it?

I heard that it isn't only used for heart failure but for other things as well, and I've also heard that it is pretty good for boosting your energy so it can help when you want to exercise and similar.

Hi Alan,

Coenzyme Q10 is a substance similar to a vitamin. It is actually found in every cell of your body. Your body makes this substance and your cells use it to produce energy that your body needs for cell growth and maintenance.

As far as I know, it is mostly used for treating heart failure. However, it is also used for cancer, muscular dystrophy and periodontal disease. Some people also take it to help reduce the effects that certain medicines can have on their heart, muscles and other organs. 

I agree that your friend needs to talk to his doctor before taking this or any other medication.

Hi guys,

I have been using this medicine for my heart failure and I have only good things to say about it, but I agree with you two that a person should consult his doctor before taking any medications first.

When I discovered that my heart was failing, me and my doctor tried different medications for this matter. I changed several beta blocker medications, I tried anti inflammatory drugs but nothing really showed good results. My doctor then said that we should try with this medication called Coenzyme Q10 and he told me that it showed pretty good results, it showed good results in my case as well.

Hi guys,

Coenzyme Q10 is actually pretty much important for your body. As you get older, you have lower amounts of Coenzyme Q10 in your body and additional intake of these is advised.

It is used for cancer, diabetes, HIV and a lot of other conditions because studies showed that people with these conditions have a very low level of Coenzyme Q10. Also, there are some prescription drugs that can further lower your level of Coenzyme Q10 so if you already have a problem with it, pay attention to what medications you are using. I'd definitely suggest this medication to anyone who wants to use it.

Hey there.

Coenzyme Q10 has a very long and well mixed history filled with both promise and disappointment. So it means that it is working for someone and it is not working for some others. This product is also known as vitamin Q10 or ubiquinone. But this is actually not a vitamin so I really don't like when people call it like that. Its function seems to include some antioxidant effects and supplementation can push blood levels much higher than anything your body can produce on its own.

Because it can work like that I don’t think that it is the proper treatment for heart failure.

Hi there.

I think that this is true because they had some big research about this and study has showed that coenzyme Q10 supplementation can significantly improve survival for everyone who has heart failure, even the most severe heart failure patients who have really big heart issues. This coenzyme can actually restore deficient of Q10 levels in the patients with several heart failures and it can even improve the quality of life.  

Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone who has experience with this but I believe that this makes a sense. Actually, I believe in it.

Hello everyone. My name is Ellisa and I am 43 years old. I want to tell you something about this, about coenzyme Q10 as a treatment of heart failure. I have angina and I had bypass surgery almost 7 years ago. Since that day I am feeling very weak. It is funny to tell, but I could feel that my heart is literally ripping my chest. I went to see some older doctor and he recommended me coenzyme q10 as a treatment. At the beginning I was very skeptical because it seemed to me like something that can't help me. But I accepted to use it because I was feeling helpless. And guess what - it helped me. I won't tell you that I am healed, but I am feeling much better.

Hey. Actually, coenzyme Q10 levels decrease in the heart muscle after heart failure. A lot of doctors and researchers say that patients who are treated and tested with the supplement, experienced fewer symptoms and improved quality of life. And you know what is really good? It seems that there are no side – effects. My doctor told me that coenzyme Q10 is the first medication to improve patient’s survival in chronic heart failure. Some doctors will even tell you that this is much better than some standard heart failure therapy. So, I really believe that it is worth of trying. Why not?