Hey there. I can see that a lot of us in here are talking about CoQ10. I can see that someone are for it, someone are against it. I don't know what I could think about it, but if it is helpful it is really worth of trying. I have read that this can help in preventing heart attack, but I really want to know is it true that it can help me to get stronger heart? My heart is weak and I want any option to make it stronger. Can really CoQ10 prevent heart attack and give you a strong heart? 

Hi there Aurora,

It is true that CoQ10 can help in the prevention of heart attacks. It is a type of coenzyme that is quite similar to a vitamin. It is found in every cell of your body. Your body is making it, and your cells are using it to produce energy that your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules.

Basically, it can help prevent heart attack but it is not known if it can treat heart failure. It is also used to treat cancer.

Hello you two,

Well, I have been using it for quite some time now since my doctor told me that I have lower levels of CoQ10 than I should. If you have low level of these, you are more prone to cancer, diabetes, and heart attack so he recommended that I start using CoQ10 to at least get my levels of it to normal.

He also told me that this is good for the prevention of heart attacks. If you have it less in your body, you are definitely more prone to heart attacks. So it is true, it can definitely help.

Hey everyone,

Yes, and since this is a coenzyme that is normally found in the body, taking it as a medication won't cause any bad side effects. Some people are complaining about insomnia but that is about it.

However, there have been a lot of studies regarding the safety and effectiveness of CoQ10 and not all of these studies showed that it is indeed safe and effective. You won't really know until you try. But be sure not to try and take it before consulting with your doctor. This medication probably interferes with other medications and you need your doctor to check that out, as well.

Hello Aurora,

As far as I know, this medicine interacts with a lot of other medicines and dietary supplements so you should really talk to your doctor before deciding to take them. It is said to prevent heart attack but not all studies approved this statement, just like Alan said above.

It can make your heart stronger. Usually, people who don't have enough of CoQ10 in their bodies have weak hearts and they require regular intake of CoQ10. Anyway, how do you know that you have a weak heart? If I were you, I would talk to my doctor about this and see what should I do then.

Hey Aurora, 

There is actually quite a number of conditions that are treated with CoQ10 (it is said that it can even help cure Alzheimer's disease). It is used for high blood pressure, heart failure (although its effectiveness here was not proved), eye disease, chest pain caused by exercise, asthma, chronic fatigue, and high cholesterol, as well as the treatment of chemotherapy side effects in children.

It is a pretty much safe medicine to use. The only case when it can be dangerous is if you are allergic to it, and the chances for this are quite small but you do need to talk to your doctor first.

Hello everyone. I appreciate your advice. But just now I was talking with my friend who was using CoQ10 and she told me that this can help her for her heart but that it cannot prevent heart attack. I was sure that making your heart stronger can be one of the ways to prevent heart attack. But now when I am hearing all those comments I don't believe that this is so correct. 

I want to know is it OK to buy this and do you need any prescription of your doctor to start to use it/

Thank you so much, 

Hey there. Yes, it can prevent heart attack.  Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 is a very powerful antioxidant that you can find in many fruits, vegetables and meats. That is why it is recommended to eat it as much as you can. Studies have shown very strong connection between CoQ10 and your heart health, so I believe that it can protect your heart and give you strong heart as well. I know that some experts recommend up to 30 mg of this per day. That is an optimum intake.

So I believe that we should all pay attention to the CoQ10 intake at least eating the meat and fruits as well.

I just love that food supplement! It helped me a lot. If you want to know where you can find CoQ10 – it can be found in certain foods. You should eat red meat, fish and poultry, soybean oil, canola oil, peanuts, sesame seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, eggs, pistachios and eggs. Those groceries have a lot of CoQ10 and I eat them all the day. But also, you need to know that dietary sources of the enzyme are not enough to have a significant impact on heart failure. You can also buy food supplement CoQ10 but I would recommend you to find it in the foods. It is much better and healthier.