my sister told me that Primatene Mist temporarily relieves the shortness of breath, chest tightness, and wheezing. She knows it since she suffers of asthma for many years. However, I am diagnosed with the same not so long time ago, so I wanted to hear more about it. Could you tell me is Primatene Mist good for relieving of the symptoms that mark an asthma attack? Could you tell me how to use Primatene Mist if it really does works?

All that your sister told you is true. This medicine could really help you with asthma symptoms. Primatene Mist works by reducing spasms in the muscles of the bronchial passages. It is available in an aerosol inhaler that delivers a preset dose with each use. To use Primatene Mist take the cap off the mouthpiece, then remove the mouthpiece, turn it upside down, and put it back on the bottle. Then you should turn the bottle upside down and place your thumb over the circular button on the bottom of the mouthpiece. Then put your forefinger on top of the vial, and exhale as much as possible. It is needed to put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips tightly around it. Then inhale deeply while squeezing the mouthpiece and bottle together. After this, release immediately and remove the unit from your mouth, then finish inhaling, and hold your breath as long as possible. At the end, exhale slowly while keeping your lips nearly closed. With Primatene Mist, you should start with one inhalation, and then wait at least 1 minute. If that is necessary, you can use the product one more time, but after that, do not use Primatene Mist again for at least 3 hours.