Hello, I would like some an advice concerning Primatene Mist. Is it any good for exercise induced asthma? I have been having breathing problems for the past couple of weeks and it looks like I suffer form asthma (this is all a result off runny nose, respiratory infections and all similar conditions that overcame me easily for years).

Well, you should first go to a doctor and see what he has to say about your breathing problems. As for the Primatene Mist, it is a medication that helps people with asthma by dealing with inflammatory process in the respiratory system. It is applied locally, so there is no fear of any side effects.

Hello there vivia1820,

First of all since you are not diagnosed with asthma I would suggest to you not to take any medication which is usually used for relieving the symptoms of asthma. Second, if you feel so many problems while you are breathing you should definitely consult your doctor and do certain tests to see what is going on. Exercising, especially if there is not enough air in the gym, can trigger asthma-like symptoms. But this is not the reason to take medications for asthma on your own.

I sincerely hope that you are wrong, and that you don’t have asthma. Anyhow, keep us posted about further events and diagnosis of course. Good luck.