Hello, I have problems with respiratory system. I suffer from asthma attacks from time to time and that is really annoying, especially when you have to deal with it for years. Anyway, I have been using Primatene for the past several weeks. It helps, but I also noticed that I have lost some weight. Does Primatene work for weight loss?

Well, it seems that one of the ingredients in the Primatene is ephedrine which speeds up the metabolism and that could induce some weight loss. But you are taking it for far more severe problem than couple of extra kilos. And also, people that use this drug because of that effect, might end up with severe heart problems.

Well the main reason why people use this medication is for asthma. However Primatene contains Ephedrine which is responsible for your weight loss. For some people this is positive thing but for many it is a side effect that can cause many complications. I think that back in the days you could by Ephedrine as an over the counter medication but considering the side effects it is not able to do so today. How much weight have you lost? The study showed that Ephedrine helps you to lose around 2 pounds per month. Have you lost this much? If you notice any problems with blood pressure you should visit your doctor because this is a serious side effect from Primatene.
Good luck.