Has any one ever gotten mouth sores from using Zicam oral mist? I used it for three days plus one morning, and that night I hate sme really hot food, I thought I burned my mouth. But when I looked the next day they looked more like sores. I think maybe the hot food was just the final straw and that perhaps the zicam really caused the problem. I also changed my invisalign aligners that day, so a lot going on. So I'm just wondering if anyone lese has had this side effect from Zicam. It's on my back, upper gums, right where I was spraying the oral mist. Help!

My husband had a cold and used the Zicam mist, so I used it as a preventive measure. I'm so glad I only used it one time, spraying it in the roof of mouth, on my tongue and cheeks. My tongue is so sore and my lips feel blistered. The inside of my jaws and lips felt rough, like they had been blistered. This was about 3 days ago, and there is still numbness in my lips and tongue. I'm so grateful I only used it once. I don't think it affected my husband at all!

I also took Zicam Rapidmelts while on vacation around October 11th and noticed my mouth started hurting after. On November 2nd it became so bad it hurt to talk I went to the doctor. My upper mouth had ulcers and small bumps all over my roof. My tongue was swollen, hot, and red color with swollen taste buds which all together looked like a strawberry. My inside cheeks had white marks and my lips hurt and felt burnt. The doctor said it was a severe sinus infection. They didn't seem to care much about the mouth pain, however that was my pain complaint. Eating food burnt my even more. They gave me 10 day supply of steroids and antibiotics which I'm not sure did anything. Eating would make me cry it hurt so bad. After two more days it eased up and I could eat bland food, but my mouth 3 weeks later is still sore. It's been a total of 6 weeks since I took Zicam! I've been making myself crazy trying to figure out what did this and I saw a commercial and it hit me! It had to be the Zicam Rapidmelts and I found this post and others. Now I can't eat spicy food like I did before even pepper, pepperoni, etc. My taste buds are still swollen, my tongue is still hot to the touch. Just sitting here my tongue feels like I have just burnt it. It sometimes tingles and my mouth get so dry it hurts. Anyone else like this still? Please share your story? I'm thinking about telling the FDA, but not sure they can do anything about it since it's not regulated by them. We could leave negative reviews on Amazon, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, DrugStore, etc. Just feel helpless that all I can do is wonder if this will go away and use dry mouth toothpaste and mouthwash.

I have used Zicam in the past without incident so this time, when my glands started to swell combined with a bad headache and lethargy, I started using Zicam right away - every three hours. However, this time my gums and tongue started hurting which I attributed to the virus. It got so bad after 3 days I looked it up on the web to find that I was not alone. I am starting to rinse with baking soda as recommended by others and stopped the Zicam. I hope this works - pretty scary.

Yes I used Zicam oral spray 2 days ago for the first time ever. I will NEVER USE IT AGAIN. I have sores and rawness all inside my mouth and back of my throat where the mist hit. I even have swelling in my tongue and lower lip. I also can still taste it in my mouth in its been 2 days. I will never take this again. MANY bad reviews about it online very scary. I have some shortness of breath now too from it. Benadryl helped to keep the reaction down some. :(

Are you any better yet? I am having similar issues and hoping that this is a temporary problem. Taste is " off" . Tongue feels as if it is burning. Water tastes horrible and roof of mouth and lips are irritated. I have been like this for over a week. Stopped the fast melt tablets after 3 days of use, which is when symptoms began.